You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Type-C Dell monitor charging MacBook Pro 16 2021

I have an external Monitor type-C charging my MacBook 16 Pro 2021 and getting the image on the same time. Will MacBook stop charging when the battery is full? I got my new MacBook 16 Pro 2021 just recently and yesterday the charging was 100% and it was still running while I was on the Dell monitor.

I heard there is a feature which can be enabled so the charging stops automatically when it is full or close to 100%. Would you please clarify more on this?

Thanks and regards,

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 10:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 4:22 AM

This should tell you all you want to know: About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Optimized charging: https://9to5mac.com/2020/11/20/turn-on-off-mac-optimized-battery-charging-intel-m1/

Similar questions

2 replies

Type-C Dell monitor charging MacBook Pro 16 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.