You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Apple store making me buy all the stuff I want to download and how do I stop paying for it

Hi why is my apple store making me pay to update my stuff and to download stuff

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 12:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:57 PM

Hi anmaree128,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Thank you for your question, and for posting your screenshot.

Seems you will need to straighten out your previous purchase with Apple, so your account is back in order.

If you don't want to follow the suggestions given in your screenshot, and find out what is needed:

See if one of these Apple Support articles helps:

If your payment method has been declined in the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Suppor

or

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support (Eg: Your card's expiry date may need updating ?:) 

______________________________________________________________________________________

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so we can not speak for Apple or the App Store.

Also, we don't have access to your accounts, or details, so we can not check any particular thing out for you.

We would like to help however.

re:  Why is my Apple store making me buy all the stuff I want to download

Seems you would have to be clicking to download items that have a price-tag.

(Doesn't seem that Apple could make anyone buy anything they didn't choose to?)

Eg: Updates of your iOS or MacOS are free.to download.

Items marked "Get" in the App Store are free to download.

Items with a price tag would certainly be charged for.

Purchased items are generally free to re-download, unless there has been some major change since your purchase.

If you simply download an item with a price-tag, it will be charged for.

NB: If you made / make a mistake in judgement: Apple has ways to report a problem, or ask for a refund.

To re-download previously purchased iapps that are not on your device:

How to Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

or

What to do: If there's an issue when you redownload apps, movies, or other content from Apple - Apple Support

I do hope this helps you.

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2022 9:57 PM in response to anmaree128

Hi anmaree128,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Thank you for your question, and for posting your screenshot.

Seems you will need to straighten out your previous purchase with Apple, so your account is back in order.

If you don't want to follow the suggestions given in your screenshot, and find out what is needed:

See if one of these Apple Support articles helps:

If your payment method has been declined in the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Suppor

or

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support (Eg: Your card's expiry date may need updating ?:) 

______________________________________________________________________________________

We are all Apple users, like yourself, in this community, so we can not speak for Apple or the App Store.

Also, we don't have access to your accounts, or details, so we can not check any particular thing out for you.

We would like to help however.

re:  Why is my Apple store making me buy all the stuff I want to download

Seems you would have to be clicking to download items that have a price-tag.

(Doesn't seem that Apple could make anyone buy anything they didn't choose to?)

Eg: Updates of your iOS or MacOS are free.to download.

Items marked "Get" in the App Store are free to download.

Items with a price tag would certainly be charged for.

Purchased items are generally free to re-download, unless there has been some major change since your purchase.

If you simply download an item with a price-tag, it will be charged for.

NB: If you made / make a mistake in judgement: Apple has ways to report a problem, or ask for a refund.

To re-download previously purchased iapps that are not on your device:

How to Redownload apps and games from Apple - Apple Support

or

What to do: If there's an issue when you redownload apps, movies, or other content from Apple - Apple Support

I do hope this helps you.

All the best :-)

Why is my Apple store making me buy all the stuff I want to download and how do I stop paying for it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.