You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID

my Face ID used to work perfectly until it started to not work and now it just asks me for my password so I turned it off and tried to reset it but whenever I put my face in the shot it just didn’t work it kept saying “move iPhone lower” and when I did it just said move it higher and it kept doing that for multiple times so I just gave up. I need help lol. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or what but it’s not working.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 4:03 PM

Click ▶︎ Face ID not working.

If that didn’t work, then try deleting the Face ID profile and adding it back.

If that didn’t work and there were no error messages, then get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2022 4:03 PM in response to Natisosa123

Click ▶︎ Face ID not working.

If that didn’t work, then try deleting the Face ID profile and adding it back.

If that didn’t work and there were no error messages, then get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

Jul 31, 2022 4:43 PM in response to Natisosa123

Natisosa123 Said:

"Face ID: my Face ID used to work perfectly until it started to not work and now it just asks me for my password [...]I need help lol. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or what but it’s not working."

-------

Troubleshooting Face ID:

Tried these two links?:

Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.