You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my info in contacts settings

My wife and I have different apple id's, but we share contacts with family sharing.

When I set "My Info" to my contact card in contact settings on my phone, it changes the "My Info" on my wife's ipad to my card. Also happens the other way around. When my wife sets her "My Info" it changes on my phone.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 12:24 PM

douglaswilliam wrote:

Apple provides a nice mechanism for sharing a calendar between two Apple ID's. They should have the same for contacts.

Provide feedback to Apple if you wish.

Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies

Jul 23, 2022 2:13 PM in response to douglaswilliam

douglaswilliam wrote:

The way I share contacts with my wife is in Settings>Contacts>Accounts. I added her Icloud account and checked "contacts" to share her contacts.

What does "I added her iCloud account" mean exactly? Does that mean you have separately logged her account (using her Apple ID / password) in to your iPhone? You should not do that! And of course she should not do the similar action on her iPhone using your account.

Contacts may be shared one at a time. The person sharing may tap the existing contact, then tap Share Contact.

Jul 23, 2022 9:07 AM in response to sberman

I believe you are right. It is not Family Sharing that shares contacts. The way I share contacts with my wife is in Settings>Contacts>Accounts. I added her Icloud account and checked "contacts" to share her contacts.

She has a similar setup on her Iphone and Ipad: In Settings>Contacts>Accounts, she added my Icloud account and checked "contacts" to share my contacts.

Jul 24, 2022 10:57 AM in response to sberman

Apple provides a nice mechanism for sharing a calendar between two Apple ID's. They should have the same for contacts.

My wife and I want one list of contacts that we share, like we have one calendar we share.

Sharing contacts one at a time does not accomplish this.

For now, we'll go back to separate contacts. They're merged to be the same right now, so this will sort of work, until we add or change contacts.

my info in contacts settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.