You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto unlock with apple watch option not present on MacBook Pro

All of a sudden the option to Auto Unlock with Apple Watch disappear on the "Security and Privacy Tab - General Tab" on my MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2018) Monterey Ver 12.4. I have an Apple Watch 7. The watch is shown as connected to the MacBook on Apple ID and it still unlocks my iPhone 12 and older MacBook Air (2013).

When I restart the MacBook Pro, the sign-in screen still shows "Unlock with Apple Watch" but the option has still disappeared as described above. Any solutions?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 2:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 7:43 AM

edwardk44 wrote:

All of a sudden the option to Auto Unlock with Apple Watch disappear on the "Security and Privacy Tab - General Tab" on my MacBook Pro (13 inch, 2018) Monterey Ver 12.4. I have an Apple Watch 7. The watch is shown as connected to the MacBook on Apple ID and it still unlocks my iPhone 12 and older MacBook Air (2013).

When I restart the MacBook Pro, the sign-in screen still shows "Unlock with Apple Watch" but the option has still disappeared as described above. Any solutions?

You can try a safeboot—

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

You can try signing out of AppleID and back in again

>System Preferences>OverView>Sign out and back in

if no resolve—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2022 7:43 AM in response to edwardk44

edwardk44 wrote:

You can try a safeboot—

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

You can try signing out of AppleID and back in again

>System Preferences>OverView>Sign out and back in

if no resolve—

Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support see the details.

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Auto unlock with apple watch option not present on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.