You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

I was in a pool today with my series 6 Apple Watch and now my watch won’t turn on or charge. Any ideas why?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 10:45 PM

3 replies

Jul 14, 2022 11:15 PM in response to ConstanceSacco

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Apple Watch Service. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Jul 21, 2022 7:43 AM in response to ConstanceSacco

I had the same problem with mine. I swam in the pool with it and the screen started behaving poorly and wouldn’t charge. I pulled it apart and found that the battery connection terminal was corroded - probably from water intrusion. I replaced the battery and it started charging normally and acting normally again.

Edit: I cleaned the battery terminal in the watch with spray contact cleaner and a new toothbrush.

The tricky part is resealing the screen properly. I used an elastic glue. The OEM solution is some sort of clear gasket, but I’m not sure if it was applied as a liquid or not.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.