You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it the right method to repair the Macbook Pro touch bar

Hi, my macbook pro touch bar broke and I was able to procure a replacement touch bar. I was also able to find an article on the internet, explaining the method to replace it. Can someone please let me know that is it the right method to replace the touch bar?

Link to the article: How Much to Repair Macbook Pro Touch Bar

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 9:08 AM

ScR11 wrote:

Hi, my macbook pro touch bar broke and I was able to procure a replacement touch bar. I was also able to find an article on the internet, explaining the method to replace it. Can someone please let me know that is it the right method to replace the touch bar?

Your references hardly seems like any kind of how to.

If you do not do this day in and day out ie computer repair—then I would not recommend you try this yourself...

You just think you have an issue now caveat emptor

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you have AppleCare+

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2022 9:08 AM in response to ScR11

ScR11 wrote:

Your references hardly seems like any kind of how to.

If you do not do this day in and day out ie computer repair—then I would not recommend you try this yourself...

You just think you have an issue now caveat emptor

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair Service Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

If you have AppleCare+

AppleCare Products - Mac - Apple

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Jul 6, 2022 1:38 PM in response to ScR11

The way to replace the touch bar would be dependent on the specific MacBook.

Check a legitimate site like iFixIt.com. They provide complete repair instructions with pictures of every step for specific Mac models. If you don't find your specific Mac, then the similar Mac repair instructions you find may not work.

Some MacBook models require you replace the entire upper assembly which includes the keyboard and Touch Bar.

Is it the right method to repair the Macbook Pro touch bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.