You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery tenacity🪫

How should I correctly charge my iPhone not to impact negatively the battery and prevent it from discharging quickly?

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 12:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2022 8:12 AM

Charge it when possible and practical, don't make a habit of letting the charge level get too low, and turn on Optimized Battery Charging. Those are the things you can do that make the most impact.

Any other advice you get, like turning off WiFi/Bluetooth or background app refresh, will barely make any meaningful difference. I never turn those or other similar features off, and never use Low Power mode. My iPhone XS is almost 4 years old, the battery health is 83%, and it still serves my needs and has usable charge at the end of the day.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 20, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Curcurcur

Charge it when possible and practical, don't make a habit of letting the charge level get too low, and turn on Optimized Battery Charging. Those are the things you can do that make the most impact.

Any other advice you get, like turning off WiFi/Bluetooth or background app refresh, will barely make any meaningful difference. I never turn those or other similar features off, and never use Low Power mode. My iPhone XS is almost 4 years old, the battery health is 83%, and it still serves my needs and has usable charge at the end of the day.

iPhone battery tenacity🪫

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.