You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Battery draining to 3% when plugged in

Hey, I'm running a 15 inch 2017 MacBook Pro on 12.3.1 and when I'm using editing software (Premiere Pro) or playing a game the battery runs down to 3% even when plugged in. Once it gets to 3% the performance drops to the point that it is unusable.

I originally thought it could be the battery age so I had it replaced but it is still doing it. I'm using the official Apple charger and cable that came with the laptop. I also tried resetting the SMC which did nothing.

This fault has only been happening for the last 2-3 months.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 27, 2022 6:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 8:31 AM

ThirdNibble wrote:

Hey, I'm running a 15 inch 2017 MacBook Pro on 12.3.1 and when I'm using editing software (Premiere Pro) or playing a game the battery runs down to 3% even when plugged in. Once it gets to 3% the performance drops to the point that it is unusable.

I originally thought it could be the battery age so I had it replaced but it is still doing it. I'm using the official Apple charger and cable that came with the laptop. I also tried resetting the SMC which did nothing.

Thanks

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4 I would start there...

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2022 8:31 AM in response to ThirdNibble

ThirdNibble wrote:

Thanks

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.4 I would start there...

Macbook Pro Battery draining to 3% when plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.