You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Pods warranty and purchase date

My Airpods pro show purchase date not validated on check coverage apple, but when I check same in my phone, the airpods pro show limited warranty that started 3 months back. How come 2 different info is possible?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on May 27, 2022 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 11:49 PM

Imran_Zaidi Said:

"Air Pods warranty and purchase date: My Airpods pro show purchase date not validated on check coverage apple, but when I check same in my phone, the airpods pro show limited warranty that started 3 months back. How come 2 different info is possible?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Warranty Date:

There is likely an issue in Apple's device database.

Go Here:

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2022 11:49 PM in response to Imran_Zaidi

Imran_Zaidi Said:

"Air Pods warranty and purchase date: My Airpods pro show purchase date not validated on check coverage apple, but when I check same in my phone, the airpods pro show limited warranty that started 3 months back. How come 2 different info is possible?"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Warranty Date:

There is likely an issue in Apple's device database.

Go Here:

May 29, 2022 6:28 PM in response to Imran_Zaidi

Imran_Zaidi Said:

"Air Pods warranty and purchase date: When we buy airpods from store and put the serial on check coverage website it says purchase not validated, and if i check on apple support app on phone it shows warranty already started. Now the seller of airpods says its new, then how come warranty has started. what is the trigger point for apple to start warranty?"

-------

A Glitch in Apple's Device Database?

I would contact Apple Support, asking them if there is a glitch in their device database. You should not be getting this message, if they were purchased newly, right off-the-shelp. If these are used, then that may be why this is occurring.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 28, 2022 5:31 PM in response to Imran_Zaidi

Imran_Zaidi Said:

"Air Pods warranty and purchase date: If i buy new airpods pro, and do not open the box, and put the serial number on check coverage apple website, what message should i expect to show? "

-------

What Messages to See:

It would show: "Your Service and Support Coverage"

If you never registered your protection, then it would not show as protected --go register it.

Screenshot (with items banked out):

Air Pods warranty and purchase date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.