You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware from email

I recently received an email I thought was from Facebook saying someone had logged into my account and to click a link to report it. I stupidly clicked on the link which then opened an auto filled out email reply that said - it was not me and my email address. Which I sent.

Is it possible I have installed some sort of malware or anything I should be worried about or is it more likely I will only receive far more Siam emails? Is there anything I should be worried about or action I should take?

thanks for any advice. I have an iPhone XR

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2022 1:19 PM

No. You have not installed any malware from that email. What you have done is confirmed that you have a FaceBook account with that email address. You have also confirmed that the email address is valid.

Ensure that you have 2 Factor Auntentication set up for your FaceBook account so that there is another security measure setup to prevent unauthorized logins.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2022 1:19 PM in response to Elmo_1

No. You have not installed any malware from that email. What you have done is confirmed that you have a FaceBook account with that email address. You have also confirmed that the email address is valid.

Ensure that you have 2 Factor Auntentication set up for your FaceBook account so that there is another security measure setup to prevent unauthorized logins.

Axel F.

Malware from email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.