You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choppy vids / frame rate drops when recording slow motion vids at 240fps

Hi there, I'm trying to record slow motion videos at 240fps on my iPhone 13 mini. Occasionally these videos are missing/skipping frames which is a big problem for the purposes of my videos. Sometimes the videos are nice and smooth, but other times it skips very frequently which is really annoying and makes my video unusable.

As an example, one video I took that looks smooth is 239.43fps. Another video that looks very choppy and is unusable is 213.3fps. How can I prevent the frame rate from happening?

Posted on May 17, 2022 2:36 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 18, 2022 11:02 AM in response to jku95

Hello jku95,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with slo-motion on your iPhone 13 mini. Does your iPhone needs updating to iOS 15.5? If so, do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If not, does restarting your iPhone resolve the issue: Restart your iPhone

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Choppy vids / frame rate drops when recording slow motion vids at 240fps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.