You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-phone 11 got wet

Hi. I had my iPhone sitting on the outdoor furniture when it started to pour, when I came back for it it was sitting in a puddle of water that had formed on the cushion. It could not of been there any longer than 3 to 5 minutes. Now there is a dark area where my home key would be and it started glitching last night. Including removing all of the brightness from the screen making it hard to see/use. Has anybody had this happen? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I’d really love not to have to buy a new phone.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2022 2:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 4:54 AM

Hello,

Your phone is likely ruined and will ultimately need to be replaced. However:

If you have a case on it remove it and let everything dry out in the air for a few days. Do not try to charge it in the meantime. After that it may work for awhile. Make sure that everything is backed up. See this:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2022 4:54 AM in response to jlea80

Hello,

Your phone is likely ruined and will ultimately need to be replaced. However:

If you have a case on it remove it and let everything dry out in the air for a few days. Do not try to charge it in the meantime. After that it may work for awhile. Make sure that everything is backed up. See this:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

I-phone 11 got wet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.