You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers won’t open in ipad

A file in numbers won’t open. What can I do

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:42 AM

The obvious (or perhaps not so obvious) thing to check is whether or not the file with which you are having difficulty is actually a Numbers file - and not something else…

Using your Files App, navigate to the file that you need to check. When you locate the file, touch-and-hold (i.e., a long touch) to expose an Action Menu. From the menu select Get info - this will open a properties page. Check that the file is a Numbers Spreadsheet.

For example:

If the file is identified as a Numbers Spreadsheet, but will not open when other files of this type can be opened successfully, then the file is corrupt - and cannot be opened.

If the file is not a Numbers Spreadsheet - or a filetype that cannot be directly imported - then you’ll not be able to directly open the file in the Numbers App.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2022 7:42 AM in response to jgonz2513

The obvious (or perhaps not so obvious) thing to check is whether or not the file with which you are having difficulty is actually a Numbers file - and not something else…

Using your Files App, navigate to the file that you need to check. When you locate the file, touch-and-hold (i.e., a long touch) to expose an Action Menu. From the menu select Get info - this will open a properties page. Check that the file is a Numbers Spreadsheet.

For example:

If the file is identified as a Numbers Spreadsheet, but will not open when other files of this type can be opened successfully, then the file is corrupt - and cannot be opened.

If the file is not a Numbers Spreadsheet - or a filetype that cannot be directly imported - then you’ll not be able to directly open the file in the Numbers App.

Numbers won’t open in ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.