You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 Macbook air 13" died suddenly during use. No low battery, no shutting down dialog, just blackness. The little orange-or-green light on the charger was black. Switching to another charger was the same. anything I can do?

2013 Macbook air 13" died suddenly during use. No low battery, no shutting down dialog, just blackness. The little orange-or-green light on the charger was black. Switching to another charger was the same. anything I can do? I tried the Hold-down-the-start-button-for-10-seconds in, no effect. We replaced the battery at the Apple Store a couple years ago. Could be a loose connection at the battery I suppose. Any ideas on what I can do, short of a trip this weekend to the Apple Store?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 11, 2022 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 5:32 PM

Thank You, I do think you are correct, and have an appointment at the Apple Store for saturday, I was just desperately hoping something would work, even temporarily, to make that important back-up

:)

The old girl has indeed earned her retirement. If I can make some sense of the numbers, the 2021 MacBook Air should run online games, like ESO, better and faster !

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2022 5:32 PM in response to babowa

Thank You, I do think you are correct, and have an appointment at the Apple Store for saturday, I was just desperately hoping something would work, even temporarily, to make that important back-up

:)

The old girl has indeed earned her retirement. If I can make some sense of the numbers, the 2021 MacBook Air should run online games, like ESO, better and faster !

2013 Macbook air 13" died suddenly during use. No low battery, no shutting down dialog, just blackness. The little orange-or-green light on the charger was black. Switching to another charger was the same. anything I can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.