You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best way to import SVG files into Apple Motion?

I tried converting my SVG into PDF, and then importing the PDF into Motion, but the PDF renders pixelated....

Posted on May 8, 2022 10:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 3:54 AM

Yes, you get full control of all the points.

I just downloaded a sample svg file of a car, exported from Pixelmator as a Motion project, and I dozens of layers, each with the original paths, and the ability to control the points and everything. Pretty amazing

Similar questions

8 replies

May 9, 2022 6:46 AM in response to ltgseb

Going off in a slightly different direction, but one which may also be useful in some instances: if you own Pixelmator Pro, you can open an SVG file, and export directly as a Motion project. The potential use of this is that, if you do it like that, you will have access to each vector object in the SVG as a separate layer in Motion, which you then can animate in any way you like.

Best way to import SVG files into Apple Motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.