You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low volume on calls

Has anyone for no reason started having this problem. The volume is soooo low I can barely hear anything

Posted on May 8, 2022 6:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 4:50 AM

I had the same problem. I followed all the youtube fixes (which of course I had already tried to obvious. Here is what worked for me. Go to settings, accessibility, touch, call audio routing... select speaker.

I beat my brains out off and on for two days with all the cleaning etc. then this simple setting did the trick. Hope it works for you.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2022 4:50 AM in response to haifa132

I had the same problem. I followed all the youtube fixes (which of course I had already tried to obvious. Here is what worked for me. Go to settings, accessibility, touch, call audio routing... select speaker.

I beat my brains out off and on for two days with all the cleaning etc. then this simple setting did the trick. Hope it works for you.

May 8, 2022 6:35 AM in response to haifa132

hi, have you adjusted the in-call volume? sadly you can only adjust it during a call, but it's simple otherwise all you do is press the volume up button whilst in a call.

do you have any Bluetooth devices connected? any accessibility features switched on? could your case or screen protector be covering your speakers? did you notice it after an update?

sorry for bombarding you with questions, but the more info the better.

May 22, 2022 3:50 PM in response to beachy23

Hi I’m having the same issue with you. I can barely hear anyone on the audio call when I leave it near my ears, but when I turn the speakers on, everything is fine, I can hear everyone as normal. And I just brought my phone to Apple Store to get it refurbished and after upgrading to the latest version, this issue starts happening.

Low volume on calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.