You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my printer is a canon pixma TS6420a and it won't connect to my 12 Pro Max or my MacBook Pro, how do I connect it? i've tried connecting on my wifi and they are all on the same network. there is something that is not allowing them to connect

my printer is a canon pixma TS6420a and it won't connect to my 12 Pro Max or my MacBook Pro, how do I connect it? i've tried connecting on my wifi and they are all on the same network. there is something that is not allowing them to connect. i've been trying to connect them with no success...

Posted on May 4, 2022 10:46 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2022 11:07 PM in response to 1mares619

1mares619 Said:

“my printer is a canon pixma TS6420a and it won't connect to my 12 Pro Max or my MacBook Pro, how do I connect it?[…]”

———-

AirPrint is Required:

* iPhone: Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

* Mac: Print wirelessly from your Mac to your printer - Apple Support. For a Mac, a local connection will not work.***

***See Canon’s Site:

1. Go Here: PIXMA TS6420 Black - Canon Support
  2. As it Reads: ”AirPrint functionality requires a compatible iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch device running iOS 7.0 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.“

May 5, 2022 2:57 AM in response to 1mares619

Hi,

The TS6420a appears to be a variant of TS6420. The latter is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support. I guess that the a model can work with AirPrint as well, but you may want to verify this.

An AirPrint-enabled printer model does not need extra apps when used for printing from an iOS/iPadOS device. Similarly, an AirPrint printer should be compatible with macOS without additional drivers. As you also indicate, all devices/computers must be connected to the same network as the printer.

In case of difficulties with AirPrint, and if all settings are OK, you could try the following procedure:

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, the MacBook Pro, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Power on the MacBook Pro. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

my printer is a canon pixma TS6420a and it won't connect to my 12 Pro Max or my MacBook Pro, how do I connect it? i've tried connecting on my wifi and they are all on the same network. there is something that is not allowing them to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.