You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't add my Mac as an authorized device

I just unauthorized 3 or 4 old computers, but I can’t add my new Mac. My authorization list has my PC, gaming laptop, iPhone, ipad, and watch. I get that the last three are technically computers, but 5 seems too restrictive if they’re counted.

I know I’ve had more authorizations previously as I used to use 2 different iPads depending on where I was going. Please tell me I’m doing something wrong.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 1:12 PM

Authorized computers are limited to 5 computers (doesn't count iPhones, iPads, etc). -- see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204074

You can have a total of 10 associated devices (5 of which can be computers). See: View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

To remove old computers from authorized devices, use the Deauthorize All button as shown in the "See how many computers are authorized" and "If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to" sections of Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Jolrich

Authorized computers are limited to 5 computers (doesn't count iPhones, iPads, etc). -- see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204074

You can have a total of 10 associated devices (5 of which can be computers). See: View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases - Apple Support

To remove old computers from authorized devices, use the Deauthorize All button as shown in the "See how many computers are authorized" and "If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to" sections of Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

I can't add my Mac as an authorized device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.