You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch no longer records distance on my outdoor cycles.

My watch used to record distance on my outdoor cycles, but doesn't currently. Do I have a setting wrong?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 5:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2022 8:44 AM

Hey there rolandfromalbuquerque,

The directions given in the Apple Support Communities post linked below should help with this issue!

Just in case, here are the instructions:

On the iPhone, please go to > Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Motion Calibration & Distance, and make sure that's enabled. More about that under the "Check your settings" part of this link: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy
Please also go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone > Privacy > Fitness Tracking, and make sure that's turned on as well. More about tracking workouts here: Track workouts and stay healthy with Apple Watch
Review the Date & Time settings on the iPhone, and let us know if "Set Automatically" is enabled. This page explains how to check: How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device

Outdoor cycle on apple watch not recordin… - Apple Community

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 29, 2022 8:44 AM in response to rolandfromalbuquerque

Hey there rolandfromalbuquerque,

The directions given in the Apple Support Communities post linked below should help with this issue!

Just in case, here are the instructions:

On the iPhone, please go to > Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Motion Calibration & Distance, and make sure that's enabled. More about that under the "Check your settings" part of this link: Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy
Please also go to the Apple Watch app on the iPhone > Privacy > Fitness Tracking, and make sure that's turned on as well. More about tracking workouts here: Track workouts and stay healthy with Apple Watch
Review the Date & Time settings on the iPhone, and let us know if "Set Automatically" is enabled. This page explains how to check: How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device

Outdoor cycle on apple watch not recordin… - Apple Community

Take care!

Apple Watch no longer records distance on my outdoor cycles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.