You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Triple Monitor Docking Station

Hi, I need a docking station for my 2021 M1 16” MacBook Pro that will allow me to connect the following THREE monitors:

Single Studio Display

Dual LG ultrafine 24” 4k monitors

Cant find anything that allows all 3 simultaneously

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Apr 26, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2022 9:41 AM

The MacBook Pro M1 'original' System-on-a-Chip with 13-in display issued in 2020 supports only ONE external display.

The MacBook Pro M1 PRO System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in issued in 2021 supports at most TWO external displays.,

The MacBook Pro M1 MAX System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in used in 2021 supports at most FOUR external displays.

The Mac supports Multi-Stream Transport (MST, multiple displays on one cable) with a maximum of TWO modest-sized displays ONLY on Genuine ThunderBolt Cables connecting to a Genuine ThunderBolt device [dock or display] as the first device.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2022 9:41 AM in response to NCRobNic

The MacBook Pro M1 'original' System-on-a-Chip with 13-in display issued in 2020 supports only ONE external display.

The MacBook Pro M1 PRO System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in issued in 2021 supports at most TWO external displays.,

The MacBook Pro M1 MAX System-on-a-Chip 14-in or 16-in used in 2021 supports at most FOUR external displays.

The Mac supports Multi-Stream Transport (MST, multiple displays on one cable) with a maximum of TWO modest-sized displays ONLY on Genuine ThunderBolt Cables connecting to a Genuine ThunderBolt device [dock or display] as the first device.

Triple Monitor Docking Station

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.