You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One iCloud options

I am currently subscribed to individual Apple One plan but I also pay for 200gb of iCloud therefore I have 250gb of iCloud.

What happens if I upgrade to Family plan? Will I keep those 250gb or will it be downgraded to 200gb?

Thank you in advance for the providing any clarification!

Best regards

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 5:29 AM

To summarise your subscriptions -

Your Apple One individual plan affords you 50GB of iCloud Space.

Your iCloud+ plan is the 200GB space.

They are available concurrently and together give you 250GB

What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One advises the following:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan

You will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One.

This is the current setting - you have kept the larger and existing 200GB iCloud+ plan to which the Apple One 50GB has been added.

Were you to upgrade to the Family Apple One plan you would terminate your existing 200GB iCloud+ plan:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan

During the free trial, you will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial has finished, your current iCloud+ plan will be cancelled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

*Ignore for the moment the quoted text about free trials - this is for those who have not already subscribed to Apple One.

If you are concerned about space on iCloud, especially as you seem to be adding a Family Sharing group, consider the Premier plan which gives you the top tier of iCloud space - 2TB - for a small additional fee per month.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2022 5:29 AM in response to mogwai57mk

To summarise your subscriptions -

Your Apple One individual plan affords you 50GB of iCloud Space.

Your iCloud+ plan is the 200GB space.

They are available concurrently and together give you 250GB

What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One advises the following:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is less than your current plan

You will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One.

This is the current setting - you have kept the larger and existing 200GB iCloud+ plan to which the Apple One 50GB has been added.

Were you to upgrade to the Family Apple One plan you would terminate your existing 200GB iCloud+ plan:

If the iCloud storage included in Apple One is equal to your current plan

During the free trial, you will keep both your current iCloud+ plan and the iCloud storage in Apple One. Once the trial has finished, your current iCloud+ plan will be cancelled. Your total iCloud storage will be the amount included in your Apple One subscription.

*Ignore for the moment the quoted text about free trials - this is for those who have not already subscribed to Apple One.

If you are concerned about space on iCloud, especially as you seem to be adding a Family Sharing group, consider the Premier plan which gives you the top tier of iCloud space - 2TB - for a small additional fee per month.

Apr 20, 2022 5:37 AM in response to mogwai57mk

Further to that, when you invite your family members to the group they also have the option to keep their existing iCloud+ plans (presuming they have one) or to terminate that and use the Family iCloud+ space.

I'm glad I have the 2TB plan because I no longer have to monitor carefully the remaining space for my family - and we need it too. Good luck.

Apple One iCloud options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.