You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find optimized battery charging option?

I bought a Macbook Air 2017, a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I was asked if I would like to optimize my battery charging while installing MacOS Monterey 12.3.1 , but I can't seem to find it in System Preferences > Battery > Battery

Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 1:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 1:22 PM

From memory and an fairly certain - had an Intel Retina MBA 2018 - some time ago and the Feature was not present in Big Sur macOS 11.

If that is genuinely accurate - the Intel MBA 2017 would not have the feature either.

Screen Shot of present M1 MBA 2020 on Monterey 12.3.1 does have the feature

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2022 1:22 PM in response to SamBlakeJacobs

From memory and an fairly certain - had an Intel Retina MBA 2018 - some time ago and the Feature was not present in Big Sur macOS 11.

If that is genuinely accurate - the Intel MBA 2017 would not have the feature either.

Screen Shot of present M1 MBA 2020 on Monterey 12.3.1 does have the feature

Can't find optimized battery charging option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.