You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 7507

Music stops playing after a few seconds and if I download I get error 7507 (Playing Apple Music using MacBook Pro 2021. Same issue was happening on previous Mac. No issue at all if I try to download from iPhone or iPad. This seems to be affecting Matched music that was originally from CD's that I used iTunes Match to either upload or match the song and or album in iCloud.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 8:09 AM

I've had the same issue and got onto apple support. Having been escalated the person I spoke to told me that the Engineers haven't received any reports of this issue (hard to believe given there are a number of people reporting this around the web) but that he has now escalated it to them and I should hear what's happening within 5 days.

However, there is a workaround. Turn off Lossless Audio in the Music App Playback Settings. Then Quit music and after relaunch it. Playback on affected songs continues beyond 14 seconds all the way to the end!

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 15, 2022 8:09 AM in response to chazzfest

I've had the same issue and got onto apple support. Having been escalated the person I spoke to told me that the Engineers haven't received any reports of this issue (hard to believe given there are a number of people reporting this around the web) but that he has now escalated it to them and I should hear what's happening within 5 days.

However, there is a workaround. Turn off Lossless Audio in the Music App Playback Settings. Then Quit music and after relaunch it. Playback on affected songs continues beyond 14 seconds all the way to the end!

Apr 12, 2022 9:54 AM in response to chazzfest

Hello chazzfest,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to play some songs in the Music app on your Mac, as you get an error message. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility https://support.apple.com/HT210898

You can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/10.15/mac/10.15.5

Cheers!

May 20, 2022 3:07 PM in response to nthev

Totally reproducible. Turned off the lossless and worked great. Turned it back on and back to only 14 seconds. Checked my network connection and all is fine in the world. I'll tell Apple Support as well. Thanks for the workaround.

(Playing all my old Vangelis songs now that we have lost a true master!)

Jun 26, 2022 1:19 AM in response to chazzfest

Hi,

I used to get this problem where a track would only play for 14 seconds and produced error 7507. This involved a small number of matched tracks which I deleted then readded. This resolved the problem and have not had this issue since then.

Another issue was at some stage recently, I had to sign out of my account. When I signed back in a large number of previously matched tracks were now uploaded. On investigation a large number of those track were no long available in iTunes Store or Apple Music. Often those tracks were now available as remastered or hi-res in Apple Music. Maybe the previous matching process is at fault for the errors? I have not had the problem since then. I have latest MacOS 12.4

Jim

Jun 27, 2022 1:43 AM in response to chazzfest

I reported this to Apple Tech support and they acknowledged it and promised me they'd let me know in two weeks what was being done. Never heard back - and the problem still exists. The workaround is to turn the playback audio quality to High Quality rather than Lossless. I'm not holding my breath for a fix!!

Error 7507

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.