You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my system preference window not showing that I need to upgrade (from BigSur) to Monterey?

why is my system preference window not showing that I need to upgrade (from BigSur) to Monterey?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 12:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2022 1:37 PM

mary alice from florida wrote:

You can initiate the download from the App Store

verify you initiate the link with Safari browser

See #3—How to upgrade to macOS Monterey

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 8, 2022 1:37 PM in response to mary alice from florida

You can initiate the download from the App Store

verify you initiate the link with Safari browser

See #3—How to upgrade to macOS Monterey

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

Apr 8, 2022 1:12 PM in response to mary alice from florida

I have auto updates checked. I did have a red indicator on my system pref icon but that is not there either.

i have seen here before that when auto updates are enabled, for some users checking manually for updates fail. i would first disable auto updates, restart your mac, and then try to manually upgrade again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.