You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer from old mac to new mac

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro, and my present computer is a 2013 mac. What is the best way to transfer info from the old computer to the new, without bringing over all the bugs and applications I don't use,, etc.?I was told that I should do a tune-up on my old computer, costing roughly $200 + for someone to tune it up then do an automatic transfer. I am afraid to bring over old bugs, etc., to the new computer. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2022 6:13 AM

LJZee wrote:

I have just purchased a MacBook Pro, and my present computer is a 2013 mac. What is the best way to transfer info from the old computer to the new, without bringing over all the bugs and applications I don't use,, etc.?I was told that I should do a tune-up on my old computer, costing roughly $200 + for someone to tune it up then do an automatic transfer. I am afraid to bring over old bugs, etc., to the new computer. Any suggestions?

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

I have never had an issue using the Setup Assistant...

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2022 6:13 AM in response to LJZee

LJZee wrote:

The most trouble free way to move to a new machine, is using the Setup Assistant on the initial boot of a brand new machine— you have one shot here. Set up your MacBook Pro - Apple Support

The second best way is use the Migration Assistant.

How to move your content to a new Mac Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support

I have never had an issue using the Setup Assistant...

Transfer from old mac to new mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.