You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Macbook pro m1 doesn't charge until I manually power off

This is the third time it has happened to me:

I have the new macbook pro m1 (14inc, m1 pro). I connect the charger and the laptop battery does not charge. Charger and wire are the originals two.

If I change from the magsafe wire to an usb-c, the battery indicator detects the charger but it says that "does not seem to be charging". If I use the same charger with my iPhone, it powers it just fine.

Finally, If I completely shutdown the macbook and turn it back on... magic! Everything goes back to normal.

Any idea?

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 2:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2022 3:04 AM

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.

If that does not help, then get expert service and support at the Genius Bar (warranty).

▷ Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

Similar questions

3 replies

May 17, 2022 10:02 AM in response to salihadmizic

Hi again,

after a few weeks of peace, the problem has returned. It has even gotten worse as now it won't charge after reboot and the charger light flashes intermittently. Yesterday I left the macbook in the Apple Authorized Repair Service, but they tell me that they still don't know the cause. The error occurs suddenly and has not happened to them yet. Any suggestion? video:

[Link Edited by Moderator]

My new Macbook pro m1 doesn't charge until I manually power off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.