You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to return the wrong Apple Pencil I bought?

Hi I purchased an iPad 9th gen and I ordered an Apple Pencil to go with it but I think I might have ordered the wrong one? How would I know as I’ve ordered the 2nd gen

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 8:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 8:36 AM

You did purchase the wrong Apple Pencil. You should have purchase the First Generation Pencil for an iPad 9th Gen.

You have 14 days from date of purchase to return an item to Apple (assuming you bought it from Apple directly. See this link for returns --> Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you purchased from a different seller, you'll need to contact them for their return policy.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2022 8:36 AM in response to afzaa64

You did purchase the wrong Apple Pencil. You should have purchase the First Generation Pencil for an iPad 9th Gen.

You have 14 days from date of purchase to return an item to Apple (assuming you bought it from Apple directly. See this link for returns --> Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If you purchased from a different seller, you'll need to contact them for their return policy.

How to return the wrong Apple Pencil I bought?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.