You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp feels laggy on M1 macbook pro

why Whatsapp app sometimes laggy and freezing at the moment in my M1 Macbook pro?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 12:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 1:26 AM

Nalendra007 wrote:

why Whatsapp app sometimes laggy and freezing at the moment in my M1 Macbook pro?

From where was the Application downloaded from ?

What version of the Application is installed ?

Is the version of the Application Compatible with Apple Monterey and specifically the Apple Silicon M1 CPU ?

Is this computer running the most recent version of Monterey version 12.3 ?

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2022 1:26 AM in response to Nalendra007

Nalendra007 wrote:

From where was the Application downloaded from ?

What version of the Application is installed ?

Is the version of the Application Compatible with Apple Monterey and specifically the Apple Silicon M1 CPU ?

Is this computer running the most recent version of Monterey version 12.3 ?

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

Whatsapp feels laggy on M1 macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.