You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a wireless charger I can use for my iPad 5th gen?

Is there a wireless charger I can use with my iPad 5th gen? I'm having a very hard time charging it and I don't want to take it in to be serviced.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:30 AM

With good light, extreme care and a wooden or plastic toothpick, you might carefully try to dislodge any foreign material that may have accumulated in the charging port.

Otherwise, entrusting this to a technician at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider might be your best option.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2022 11:30 AM in response to emlanie

With good light, extreme care and a wooden or plastic toothpick, you might carefully try to dislodge any foreign material that may have accumulated in the charging port.

Otherwise, entrusting this to a technician at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider might be your best option.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Mar 29, 2022 10:08 AM in response to emlanie

iPad fundamentally does not support wireless/inductive charging. This capability cannot be retrofitted. Consider that wireless charging is also significantly less efficient than a direct (wired) connection to the Power Adapter.

iPhone models that support wireless charging have glass back-panels and internal inductive charging loops - all of which are missing from iPad.

Is there a wireless charger I can use for my iPad 5th gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.