You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Filtering

Hello,

I have done a lot of research to find a solution to the problem of text message spam. I have read suggestions on blocking addresses, but they come from different addresses each time. My company, US Cellular, suggested turning off iMessage (though I don't remember why), but that didn't work. Since they come from email addresses, I took off the Apple ID that is my email address from the list to send and receive from, but that didn't work. I learned to make filters for "Known Senders" and "Unknown Senders" and that DOES work-those offensive text messages DO go into the "Unknown Senders" box. However, I am still notified with a sound that I have received a text message, so I look to see. At that point, the filtering accomplishes nothing.

So, IS there a way to silently send text messages from unknown senders to that box? Since I know that box is there, I can look at it when I want to, but being notified every time a text message goes in there really defeats the purpose.

Thank you!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 9:15 AM

Follow these helpful steps:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Notifications
  3. Tap Messages
  4. Tap Customize Notifications
  5. Tap to toggle off Unknown Senders

Similar questions

3 replies

Text Message Filtering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.