You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I initiated an update of Monterey OS on my older MacBook Air. When it got to the install step, it froze with the Apple logo and the progress bar about 1/3 loaded. Then it froze for the last three day, no progress. How can I stop the install?

I have a MacBook Air and I downloaded Monterey OS. Unfortunately, during the final installation, it froze. I have a screen with only the Apple logo and a progress bar with 1/3 loaded-not moving for three days. I can’t get back to the screen to make commands or anything. What can I do?

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:49 PM

Hi,

You'd better force quit, then start up with Recovery mode and repair your boot drive with DiskUtility, then reinstall Monterey on your MacBook Air.

Reinstall macOS - Apple Support

3 replies

I initiated an update of Monterey OS on my older MacBook Air. When it got to the install step, it froze with the Apple logo and the progress bar about 1/3 loaded. Then it froze for the last three day, no progress. How can I stop the install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.