You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete all messages at one time; I have tried according to the Help instructions but does not work. It is so annoying to delete on at a time!

I want to delete several messages (junk) at one time. The Help instructions do not work to my MacBook Pro.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022 7:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 17, 2022 8:13 AM in response to genefromsurry

Hi,

What did you try?

Try clicking on the uppermost message, then hold down the Shift key, then click on the lowest message on the list that you want to delete. This should select/highlight the upper and lower message and all those in between. Then click the Delete key.

EDIT: I just realized you were asking about Messages, not Mail. My instructions are for Mail, sorry about that.

How do I delete all messages at one time; I have tried according to the Help instructions but does not work. It is so annoying to delete on at a time!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.