You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a message that said my phone had been hacked

I received a message on my phone that said my phone had been hacked and that I needed to take action within 3 minutes and wanted me to download a app for identity

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 11:12 PM

That was a scam message. I hope that you did not do anything and deleted that message. The message was sent to entice you to purchase a useless app.

See below for more information on All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 12, 2022 11:12 PM in response to bobie27

That was a scam message. I hope that you did not do anything and deleted that message. The message was sent to entice you to purchase a useless app.

See below for more information on All about scams and phishing -

Beware of ➔ Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails 

Know how to Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams ➔  Use these tips to avoid scams and learn what to do if you think your Apple ID has been compromised.

Axel F.

I got a message that said my phone had been hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.