You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting emails saying someone is using my Apple ID. How do I know that it’s not scam emails trying to lure me to click on a link or lead me down a path I wasn’t supposed to be on?

How do you know if an Apple ID email is legitimate or scam?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2022 8:36 AM

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 11, 2022 8:36 AM in response to BibleTeachers-US

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -  

ASC YouTube for How to reset your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apr 1, 2022 2:51 AM in response to Eric Root

I keep getting this message late at night (after midnight). I have checked all my devices numerous times and they are all accounted for. I signed out of them all, but one, to change pass word, then signed back in one at a time.

The message I get is always the same "Someone is using an iPod [or new device] to use Face Time on your Apple account". Or "Someone just signed in to use Face Time on a new iDevice using your Apple account."

I know that it is bogus.

Is there anything we can do about this obviously bogus notifications? And why are they always very late at night?

I keep getting emails saying someone is using my Apple ID. How do I know that it’s not scam emails trying to lure me to click on a link or lead me down a path I wasn’t supposed to be on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.