You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paying Apple Card early

I’m not sure why but the Apple Card won’t let you pay off your monthly balance early. I’m not speaking of monthly installments. I’m also not referring to pending charges. The dial that lets you “pay more” wont let you pay your entire balance when you want. I messaged Apple and Goldman to some extent with no answer. It feels like by not allowing you to pay off your card when you want the probability of it accruing extra interest is likely. I’m sure there is a small window before your payment is due where you can pay it off, but this feels dishonest. I don’t have this issue with any of my other cards.

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:21 PM

I have tried to today, unsuccessfully. I have also messaged Apple support whom transfered me to Goldman Sachs. They simply restated policies that didn’t have anything to do with making my payment today. I truly hope I missed something but as of today I have a balance. I can not pay that balance because the wallet app says I have nothing to pay. Untrue. Goldman offered to make an exception and let me pay off the balance. I told them I was more concerned with future payments and avoiding unnecessary interest. They seemed to give me the “run around”.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 25, 2022 9:21 PM in response to muguy

I have tried to today, unsuccessfully. I have also messaged Apple support whom transfered me to Goldman Sachs. They simply restated policies that didn’t have anything to do with making my payment today. I truly hope I missed something but as of today I have a balance. I can not pay that balance because the wallet app says I have nothing to pay. Untrue. Goldman offered to make an exception and let me pay off the balance. I told them I was more concerned with future payments and avoiding unnecessary interest. They seemed to give me the “run around”.

Feb 26, 2022 9:40 AM in response to Chicagolance

In your daily transactions, it doesn’t show as pending? I can pay any charge I want that isn’t pending. Try using the calculator to pay a cleared/finalized charge in the Apple Card in your Wallet App on your iPhone.

The probability of paying the charges is very slim. Apple Card accounts all close at 11:59 PM on the last day of the month. The entire next month is your Grace Period. Any charge you can’t pay in February will not be due until 11:59 PM on March 31. There’s nothing dishonest as I can see. The information is clearly presented in the Apple Card Customer Agreement that you signed and was delivered to you when you accepted the offer for your account. Here is a link to a copy for your convenience.

https://www.goldmansachs.com/terms-and-conditions/Apple-Card-Customer-Agreement.pdf

Paying Apple Card early

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.