You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I connect my airpods to my MacBook air sound only comes out of one airpod

I used the reset advice on my AirPods and it fixed the issue on my phone, but the same technique hasn't worked on my computer. Both AirPods work as the sound switches between the two when I put the other back in the case, but when I have both out, only the left one works. Has anyone else had this issue or know have to fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 8:23 PM

I figured it out, somehow my audio output settings got messed up. I fixed it by going to system preferences->sound->output and I selected my AirPods and but the balance slider back in the middle (for some reason it was all the way to the left)

1 reply

Whenever I connect my airpods to my MacBook air sound only comes out of one airpod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.