You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yellow Warning Triangle When I Select "Show Screen Saver" For 5 Minutes Or Longer

I'm on a 2021 Macbook Pro M1, Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1.

My "Turn Screen Off After" setting is for 15 minutes. Whenever I select "Show Screen Saver" for 1 or 2 minutes, there is no warning triangle. But when I select it for 5 or 10 minutes, the triangle shows up again. Why is this happening?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 1:36 PM

Greetings, steevo987.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to know more about the Screen Saver warning you saw.

“A warning symbol indicates if your display is set to turn off (as specified in Energy Saver preferences or Battery preferences) before the screen saver starts.” Change Screen Saver preferences on Mac 

That being said, since the screen saver time frame is under the threshold for your screen being turned off, we'd like to look into this a bit deeper. To get started, if you change the Energy Saver settings to turn the display off after one hour, does the same behavior occur?

If you change the screen saver, does the same thing occur as well? Alternatively, if you test this behavior in another admin user, does it appear to be resolved? If you've never created another admin user for testing, check out: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2022 1:36 PM in response to steevo987

Greetings, steevo987.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We can understand why you’d want to know more about the Screen Saver warning you saw.

“A warning symbol indicates if your display is set to turn off (as specified in Energy Saver preferences or Battery preferences) before the screen saver starts.” Change Screen Saver preferences on Mac 

That being said, since the screen saver time frame is under the threshold for your screen being turned off, we'd like to look into this a bit deeper. To get started, if you change the Energy Saver settings to turn the display off after one hour, does the same behavior occur?

If you change the screen saver, does the same thing occur as well? Alternatively, if you test this behavior in another admin user, does it appear to be resolved? If you've never created another admin user for testing, check out: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps! Thanks for being a part of the community.

Sincerely.

Yellow Warning Triangle When I Select "Show Screen Saver" For 5 Minutes Or Longer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.