You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Progress saving in paused programs.

Is there a way to get Apple TV to save my progress in a movie or show that I’m watching on my Roku tv? If I pause a program or leave Apple TV there’s no “bookmark” or prompt to pick up where I left off. The closest thing is suggesting the next episode of a tv show in “up next” tab but even that isn’t perfect because it starts the next episode whether I finished the previous one or not, again without a place holder for what I’m watching. I’ve read a handful of other users experiencing this same issue dates ranging from 2019-2021. How is this even possible? Any way to fix this? I don’t want to have to remember where I am in a program if I have to stop. What’s the point in paying for a service that doesn’t offer a solution for this very simple problem?

A114X,

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 5:14 PM

Resuming should be automatic, unless you purposely select a different episode (then that sets a new resume moment). Watch progress is stored online with your Apple ID account – not on the device. Up Next supports partially watched content.

If the issue persists despite the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Alexanderite

Resuming should be automatic, unless you purposely select a different episode (then that sets a new resume moment). Watch progress is stored online with your Apple ID account – not on the device. Up Next supports partially watched content.

If the issue persists despite the above, then I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Progress saving in paused programs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.