You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson Printer Error "Stopped - 'Filter' failed

Here we go again. I've been dealing with this FOR YEARS.

Try to print wirelessly from Mac, met with error message,

Stopped - 'Filter' failed

This happens with multiple devices (2 Macbooks and an iMac),

this happens with multiple OS's (Catalina on iMac, Big Sur, Monterey on Macbooks),

and this happens with multiple Epson printers (old Artisan 730, new XP-6100).

I've done everything to try to fix: Updated, deleted, and reinstalled drivers, reset printing systems, powered everything off/on a zillion times - trust me, EVERYTHING. I've read all the forum entries, work arounds, and stupid voodoo chants... nothing works. Sometimes a reinstall works for a short time (one or two print jobs), but then I get the dreaded, "Daaaad, the printers not working again!"

C'mon Apple and Epson!!! Why can't there be a solution for this problem after ALL THIS TIME???

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 9:51 AM

svsjr wrote:

this happens with multiple OS's (Catalina on iMac, Big Sur, Monterey on Macbooks),

I've done everything to try to fix: Updated, deleted, and reinstalled drivers, reset printing systems, powered everything off/on a zillion times - trust me, EVERYTHING. I've read all the forum entries, work arounds, and stupid voodoo chants... nothing works. Sometimes a reinstall works for a short time (one or two print jobs), but then I get the dreaded, "Daaaad, the printers not working again!"

C'mon Apple and Epson!!! Why can't there be a solution for this problem after ALL THIS TIME???

I always had better luck with a cable connection on my various printers over the years...

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Maybe Epson is not the best choice...

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2022 9:51 AM in response to svsjr

svsjr wrote:

I always had better luck with a cable connection on my various printers over the years...

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

Maybe Epson is not the best choice...

Epson Printer Error "Stopped - 'Filter' failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.