You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music folder will not save, Error code 3201

I got a new MBP 14 inch and transferred files to it via Migration Assistant. When I opened the Music app it was empty, and I imported all the music that had been saved to the hard drive. It appeared to have loaded into the MUSIC app successfully, and I was able to play music. But, then I got an error message saying that the music library file cannot be saved, error 3201. I googled a bit and saw some advice here or there (rebooting the computer etc)., but nothing has worked. I have gone through the same steps of importing the music, but each time I get the same error, and when I close out of MUSIC and open it up again, its empty.

Can anyone assist?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:32 PM

See Repair security permissions for iTunes for Mac - Apple Community. Apply the same steps to the Music folder.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 18, 2022 6:22 PM in response to JuanCadadia

Thanks for responding. But, unfortunately, that did not work. I went through the outlined steps for Music, for the media library, and I am getting the error each time I open Music, and the problem continues. When I looked, the "locked" box was not checked, and I had both read and write permission.

Any other ideas? Anyone else? thanks very much.

Feb 18, 2022 6:57 PM in response to JuanCadadia

Press and hold down option as you launch Music, click Choose, then browse to and open the library file at ~/Music/Music/Music Library.musiclibary where ~ is your user's home folder. This makes sure that you're not connected to a cached version of the library.

If you still get the error try holding down both option+cmd to open the library in safe mode. This can sometimes fix odd issues for the library.

tt2

Music folder will not save, Error code 3201

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.