You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock after purchasing from a second party, how to remove?

I purchased an Apple Watch from a second party and there is an activation lock on it. What does the original owner need to do So that I am able to use the watch?

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 9:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 10:25 AM

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down as a bad experience.

4 replies

Feb 15, 2022 10:14 AM in response to Stacethestar

Stacethestar wrote:

I purchased an Apple Watch from a second party and there is an activation lock on it. What does the original owner need to do So that I am able to use the watch?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/b6a6ea10-bec8-4c29-8045-bc46fc0b59b1

They need to give you their apple id and password to remove the icloud activation lock.

Feb 15, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Stacethestar

Hello ~ The watch was not properly prepared for sale…it may indeed be a stolen device. Either the activation lock will have to be removed by the original owner or send it back for a refund. In the meantime take a look here as some of the information does pertain to Apple Watch:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

Activation lock after purchasing from a second party, how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.