You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app stalling on Panasonic TV

Watching the new Apple TV+ app on my 3 year old Panasonic 4K OLED TV and, despite a good internet connection, the Apple programmes often stall, hesitate and even restart. Very frustrating. While in this state, maybe after 30 minutes of good viewing, I check the the internet link and it’s all running at full speed. My deduction is that either the Apple servers are stalling, which I think is unlikely, or the new Panasonic Apple TV+ app is buggy. Anyone else have a similar problem? Or even a solution?

Currently trying to watch the 3rd episode of ‘Suspicion’ and again it’s just restarted this episode…

A frustrated thanks,

Iroscow (UK)

txfz950b,

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 1:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 3:27 PM

Just found out that setting the Apple TV+ app to “SD only” vastly improves the stability, no more hesitations etc noticed, just a poorer picture.

Note that viewing 4K programme material on other apps (iPlayer, Amazon and Netflix) is stable. 🤔

Internet connection runs at a consistent 30Mbps download.

iroscow

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2022 3:27 PM in response to iRoscow

Just found out that setting the Apple TV+ app to “SD only” vastly improves the stability, no more hesitations etc noticed, just a poorer picture.

Note that viewing 4K programme material on other apps (iPlayer, Amazon and Netflix) is stable. 🤔

Internet connection runs at a consistent 30Mbps download.

iroscow

Apple TV app stalling on Panasonic TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.