You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ONE Family Plan - Contacts question.

My wife and I shared the same Apple ID since the original iPhone, I finally switched her to her own Apple ID.

We want to share contact we have both build over the years. But by doing this, the MY CARD, is the same card. When she uses your info, it switches on my iPhone and vices versa.

How can we use the same contact list, but with our own MY CARD?

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 4:19 PM

If you now have separate Apple IDs - which is what Apple recommends - then you also need different Me cards in Contacts. You didn't state it but has she also signed in to her own iCloud account on her phone, and is her contacts list from her Apple ID?

To select her Me card you need to go to Settings > Contacts > My Info

Then search for her name and touch on it to select it. This will identify her to the phone. If you then go into Contacts and find her name you will notice it is tagged as 'me'.

Also, check that in her iPhone the contacts are not from your account. It is possible to synchronise with contacts lists from several sources, not only from other service providers such as Google but also from another iCloud account.

Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts.

If your iCloud account is there it should be removed if you wish to have separate contacts. If it is present it will have the capacity to edit the contacts over on your iPhone.

How did you copy the set of contacts onto your wife's phone?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2022 4:19 PM in response to Greg Vrchoticky

If you now have separate Apple IDs - which is what Apple recommends - then you also need different Me cards in Contacts. You didn't state it but has she also signed in to her own iCloud account on her phone, and is her contacts list from her Apple ID?

To select her Me card you need to go to Settings > Contacts > My Info

Then search for her name and touch on it to select it. This will identify her to the phone. If you then go into Contacts and find her name you will notice it is tagged as 'me'.

Also, check that in her iPhone the contacts are not from your account. It is possible to synchronise with contacts lists from several sources, not only from other service providers such as Google but also from another iCloud account.

Go to Settings > Contacts > Accounts.

If your iCloud account is there it should be removed if you wish to have separate contacts. If it is present it will have the capacity to edit the contacts over on your iPhone.

How did you copy the set of contacts onto your wife's phone?

Apple ONE Family Plan - Contacts question.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.