You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey version 12.2 keeps crashing

My mac keep crashing after going to sleep and/or when having a video call.

I updated to this macOS version a couple of days ago but it still happens anyway.

Please help...

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 4:52 AM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2022 5:38 AM in response to goranfromsplit

The crash report does not provide me of any information on cause/resolution.

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

o personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

Feb 10, 2022 2:32 PM in response to goranfromsplit

This is a new one for me: The IOSkywalkFamily

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80120d4520): 
Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while creating hibernation file 
or while calling rootDomain's clients about upcoming rootDomain's state changes. 
Suspected bundle: com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily. 
Thread 0x838db.

Here is the kernel panic backtrace:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily
            dependency: com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient
            dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily

I do not know if this is related, but you do have 2 3rd party kernel extensions. I do not know what checkpoint.cpfw is. Guessing it a firewall from the 'fw' in the name, but that is just a guess.

Paragon has been around for a while (and has not been a problem; so I do not suspect it), although unless you frequently have to mount Windows NTFS volumes and then give them back to Windows, I'm not sure why you have it installed. If it came with an external disk drive, and you just installed it because, then maybe you do not need it.

com.checkpoint.cpfw	1.0
com.paragon-software.kext.VDMounter	1370.2

3rd party kernel extensions are one of the more common causes of kernel panics.

macOS Monterey version 12.2 keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.