You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad i0s 9.3.4

I have an iPad iOS 9, I want to change the email I used to make the account to a new one email. Will I lose my photos? they are not backed up to iCloud.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 10:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 2:00 AM

Presumably you are trying to change the email address that is used to identify your AppleID account (i.e., your AppleID username) - and not to create an entirely new AppleID account.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Updating your AppleID credentials will not impact your locally stored data - or any data that is present in, or backed-up to, iCloud.

However, if you value your data or photos, it is recommended that you always have a backup of your important or irreplaceable data - as doing so safeguards against unforeseen failures or user-error. iOS/iPadOS provide simple methods to backup to iCloud or iTunes:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2022 2:00 AM in response to shaneil18

Presumably you are trying to change the email address that is used to identify your AppleID account (i.e., your AppleID username) - and not to create an entirely new AppleID account.

Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Updating your AppleID credentials will not impact your locally stored data - or any data that is present in, or backed-up to, iCloud.

However, if you value your data or photos, it is recommended that you always have a backup of your important or irreplaceable data - as doing so safeguards against unforeseen failures or user-error. iOS/iPadOS provide simple methods to backup to iCloud or iTunes:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 7, 2022 1:51 AM in response to shaneil18

To be sure of your question:

-you have an iPad at IPadOS version 9 or you have an IPad 9 (meaning 9th generation/2021 model year)?

-you want to change the AppleID for your iPad?

Read this from the the tech site iMore. It explains what will and will not happen when changing to a new AppleID(you do not lose photos on the iPad). However, this is explaining steps for a recent iPadOS. If you are still on iPadOS 9, you are very far out of date and should consider remedying that as soon as possible.

https://www.imore.com/how-change-apple-id-your-iphone-or-ipad

Ipad i0s 9.3.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.