You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook doesn't charge

My Macbook does not charge at times, while I am using Zoom. It will show that it is plugged in, but the battery percentage does not increase. Only after my Zoom session ends, then it will start charging.

What's the issue and how can I fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 9:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 10:02 PM

emmalsg Said:

"Macbook doesn't charge:

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. Try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 4, 2022 10:02 PM in response to emmalsg

emmalsg Said:

"Macbook doesn't charge:

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. Try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Feb 4, 2022 10:01 PM in response to emmalsg

emmalsg Said:

"Macbook doesn't charge: My Macbook does not charge at times, while I am using Zoom. It will show that it is plugged in, but the battery percentage does not increase. Only after my Zoom session ends, then it will start charging. What's the issue and how can I fix it?"

-------

Three Things:

A. Troubleshooting Zoom and Battery:

Check for updates in Zoom. Also, uninstall, and then reinstall Zoom.

B. Boot into Safe Mode:

Try logging in using Safe Mode (Hold down shift key upon boot). See if you can log in. Items only load as they do by default, while you are booted into Safe Mode. All caches are set aside.  Go Here: Use Safe Mode to Isolate Issues with your Mac - Apple Support

C. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC (Intel-only Macs) and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Macbook doesn't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.