You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought Apple Watch SE on EBay

Hi I bought an Apple Watch SE on eBay, I have proof of purchase and it is still attached to the last owners iCloud. I have been in contact with her and she says she removed it but when I try to activate the watch it says it’s still attached. Is there anyway around this or is my best bet to return it?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 12:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 1:34 AM

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Remove the Activation Lock so that the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down as a bad experience.

3 replies

Feb 4, 2022 12:24 PM in response to Kt12hoffman

I would return the watch and if and when the previous owner successfully removes the watch from her account, if you want to buy it, buy it then. We see someone here daily who bought a used watch they can't use for anything other than a wrist ornament at best. You cannot remove Activation Lock. Apple will not remove it for you. Only the owner the watch is locked to can have it removed.

Bought Apple Watch SE on EBay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.