You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a warning that my network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. Is this a problem

There is a privacy warning stating my home router is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. How do I resolve this

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 2:09 AM

Enable Private WiFi Address. See the pic below which is self-explanatory.

Go to the Wi-Fi Settings of your iOS devices, forget/delete the network, then reconnect to it again. Check and confirm if the privacy warning will disappear. If that doesn't help, try changing the DNS servers on the router 

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2022 2:09 AM in response to cledwyn

Enable Private WiFi Address. See the pic below which is self-explanatory.

Go to the Wi-Fi Settings of your iOS devices, forget/delete the network, then reconnect to it again. Check and confirm if the privacy warning will disappear. If that doesn't help, try changing the DNS servers on the router 

Having a warning that my network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic. Is this a problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.