You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get photos from one phone to another

How do I get my photos from my iPhone 6 to my new mini iphone

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2022 9:01 AM

JackOlantern81 wrote:

How do I get my photos from my iPhone 6 to my new mini iphone

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

10 replies

Feb 1, 2022 10:49 AM in response to JackOlantern81

JackOlantern81 wrote:
I need to know how to transfer my photos from my iPhone 6 to my iPhone mini. They did not transfer automatically. Please explain to me how I do this. I don’t want to lose my photos.

There may be several ways to do this, but the only way to set it up such that it's just as if you took the photos with the new iPhone (in the Camera Roll) is to set up the newer iPhone with the complete data from the old one. This will copy all the settings too. This can be done several ways, including backing up to a PC or Mac, then restoring from that backup. Or from iCloud (but you'll probably need more than the 5 GB standard storage). The Quick Start procedure may be the simplest, but that requires the new iPhone to be in factory condition.

The links above cover all these methods.

I'd also strongly recommend making a backup (and regularly updating the backup) somewhere such that losing your photos won't be an issue or as much of an issue if your iPhone is damaged or lost.

How do I get photos from one phone to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.